Saturday, December 5, 2015

Draft of Open Letter



Marie-Lan Ngyunen. "Fencing Final" 2013
Public Domain
Below is the link to my Draft to my Open Letter final. I was able to introduce the subject and thesis pretty well so it should be rather easy to follow and assume to the overall point of the letter. I also introduced it in a more formal tone. Since this is a semi-formal letter, I avoided using "dear" and overly sentimental vocabulary. However, I was able to find a happy median between being too formal or too relaxed. I think the mood of the letter fits the project description.

I didn't use the more structure techniques found in essays in this letter, so avoided using transitions, repeating the thesis, or even presenting a definitive thesis in the introduction. I felt that having an obvious thesis statement or conclusion wouldn't necessarily fit with the genre of this project.

Here is the Link!

I also commented on Kyle's letter and Jayni's letter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment