Saturday, December 5, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process


The post below reflects upon one of my first posts from Module I. Compared to my writing capabilities from August, I believe I have grown as a writer and have a better understanding of the process necessary to create quality argumentative/analytical pieces.

Antonio Litterio. "Fountain Pen" 2001
Public Domain
Looking back on the Calendar and Writing Process blog posts, I found that I have become more of a analytical and rhetorical writer, but still have not mastered the time management aspect of this coarse. My original plan for the Calendar post was to use my schedule to my advantage, using the spare time I had between classes to work more on the quality of my blog posts or create a strategy for completing the three projects. However, my schedule began cluttered with personal chores, work, or the occasional test that needed more time out of the planned schedule. What I believe was the source of these issues was the fact that I created a coarse schedule that was unrealistic and ignored my obligations to other classes. However, I did manage to fit in real comprehensive work on the three project during the weekend before the due date as well as miscellaneous days in between,

Regarding the progress with my Writing Process, I found that I am now more analytical in my readings and argumentative processes. Normally when I was given an article, social media post, or a class reading, I would more or less do a superficial analysis or take a broad argumentative position on the subject matter. Now I pay more attention to the rhetorical situation and recognize the target audience of all articles and readings. Plus, I now have a better understanding of the types of argumentative positions.

I believe that my time management has remained fairly constant. However I have improved in terms of my understanding of the level of thought and dedication to assignments. When I initially came to this class, I didn't have a definitive understanding about college life or the work involved. Now, I am more dedicated to the quality of my work and am role contentious about my homework schedule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment