Sunday, November 15, 2015

Reflection on Project III Draft

Hine, Lewis. "Glass Factory Worker" 1911
Public Domain
Below, I answer a series of questions regarding the Project III draft review. I reviewed the drafts made by Savannah and Mehruba, and found the work they made influential for future revisions in my draft.

  • Who reviewed my Project III Draft?
Trey Blocker was the only person to review my draft. I assume that more people will eventually comment on it, but since I am making this post now I can only confirm Trey's contribution.
  • What did you think and/or feel about the feedback you received?
Trey was very informative in the draft commentary. he stated that I should keep with the argument style I am aiming for- a rebuttal of an article that discredits my position. Furthermore, I rally need to skim through the draft and remove the excess research data and medical findings statistics. They seem to overwhelm the piece and at times confuse the reader. Other than the minor grammar and spelling errors, the essay seem to flow well.
  •  What aspects of Project III need the most work going forward?
I would have to work on the target argumentation style as well as keeping with the theme of the piece. I am trying to design an article style essay that gives the reader just enough information about the issue so that the author can propose or rebuke the context of the debate. I am trying to design a counter argument to the gene sequencing opposition's core beliefs, pinpoint inconsistencies, and remind the reader of the flaws within their argumentation styles.
  • How are you feeling overall about the direction of your project after peer review and/or instructor conferences this week?
I feel more confident in the overall direction of my draft. I now know that I have to focus more on a rebuttal style essay rather than melding the argument style into a proposal, rebuttal, and position hybrid. I found that such a combination will overwhelm the reader, contribute to my essay being too lengthy- especially in regards to the design of the piece- and that the information I would use would frequently be repeated throughout. I am trying to approach this essay with a new form of argumentation and keep the overall piece brief.

1 comment:

  1. Just fyi, there were no links to the peer review sheets due for this deadline, so I couldn't apply credit. If you go back to the Deadline 12 instructions for peer review and follow them, send me links to the peer review sheets for late credit.

    ReplyDelete