Saturday, September 26, 2015

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns

La Parole, Ben. "Guernsey Grammar" April 14, 2009
Public Domain 



Below is a link to a Google Doc giving an example to one of my more longer paragraphs within my QRG. Using the commenting feature, I gave a grammar analysis of the paragraph as well as found the different parts of speech I used to express my controversy's issue.

Here is the Link:

Based on my analysis, I found that it was extremely difficult to analyze sentence patterns; especially, when I was searching for the more basic subject points followed by an explanation of the sentence's purpose. I also found that there existed too many fluff words- words that had no real purpose rather than to fill a sentence or make it seem intelligent.  Once I removed those excess vocabulary words I was able to find the basic parts of speech.

Based on the suggested reading, I found that there was very little use for imperative, interrogative, or exclamatory sentence structures. The purpose of the QRG is to inform, therefore the use of declarative sentence structures is ideal.

My only issue in analyzing the longest paragraph was finding items within pages 381-383- which entailed types of verb, subjects, and sentence objects.  


No comments:

Post a Comment